Throughout the University of Georgia’s (UGA) response to the COVID-19 pandemic, UGA has remained focused on the health and safety of our faculty, staff and students. This commitment has never wavered, and it remains a guiding tenet.
Efforts to Create a a Safe Environment on Campus
- Following best practices from the University System of Georgia, the Georgia Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Taking a gradual and phased approach for employees returning to work.
- Providing training modules for supervisors, employees and students.
- Issuing two (2) reusable and washable cloth face coverings to all students, staff and faculty and strongly encouraging their use while on campus.
- Requiring all employees to self-monitor and acknowledge that they are not aware they have signs and/or symptoms of COVID-19 before coming to campus each day.
- Implementing enhanced cleaning and disinfection protocols across campus.
- Providing technical assistance and resources to supervisors to assist them in their efforts to create a safe work environment prior to the return of all students, staff and faculty.
- Using reminder signage and other communications to encourage all members of our community and visitors to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 by practicing good hygiene.
Return to Campus Documents
Faculty/Staff Weekly Digest Emails
- Faculty/Staff Digest: August 4, 2020
- Faculty/Staff Digest: July 28, 2020
- Faculty/Staff Digest: July 21, 2020
- Faculty/Staff Digest: July 14, 2020
- Faculty/Staff Digest: July 7, 2020
- Faculty/Staff Digest: June 30, 2020
- Faculty/Staff Digest: June 23, 2020
- Faculty/Staff Digest: June 16, 2020
- Faculty/Staff Digest: June 9, 2020