Have COVID-19, quarantine and working from home caused you to be less active and more stressed? Now it is more important than ever to take care of your mental and physical wellbeing. We all know that exercise benefits our strength and cardiovascular function, but did you also know that regular exercise can boost your immune system, fight depression and anxiety, give you more energy and help you sleep better?
If you are ready for better health and wellness, the department of recreational sports is committed to helping you. To better serve the UGA community, NEW outdoor and virtual fitness options are now available in addition to our in-house options.
Outdoor & Virtual Opportunities
For those who may want to get involved but are not comfortable being inside currently, we have developed several new offerings.
- Virtual personal training via Zoom
- Fitness on-demand (using the Advagym App)
- Live, virtual small group training classes
- Outdoor yoga classes
- Outdoor Recreation clinics
- Virtual team building
Safety & Cleaning
The Rec Sports team is working hard to provide the superior fitness opportunities our patrons expect in the safest gym environment anywhere around. Check out our COVID-19 operational procedures here.
How to Get Started
- Ramsey membership information
- Membership is required for faculty, staff, spouses, dependents and alumni. Fees-paid students are automatically enrolled.
- Group fitness classes and pass information
- DEAL ALERT: Starting Monday, Sept. 28 all Unlimited Fitness Passes are 50% off making the cost for faculty and staff only $46 for 100+ weekly in-person and fitness on-demand classes!