You can help prevent illness by taking several simple steps:
- Practice good hand hygiene.
- Do not touch your face, eyes or mouth unless your hands are clean.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or your sleeve.
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Be open with your travel history or possible exposure to others.
As USG works closely with the Georgia Department of Public Health to prioritize the health and safety of campus communities, the system encourages people to wear masks based on their preference and assessment of personal risk.