The University of Georgia continues to work closely with the University Health Center, the University System of Georgia, and local and state public health officials to monitor COVID-19. The top priority in these uncertain times remains the health, safety and wellbeing of all members of our campus community.
Our campus community becomes safer and stronger with every person who is vaccinated against COVID-19. While being vaccinated against COVID-19 is not required for attendance at UGA, it is strongly encouraged. Thanks to a new statewide initiative, it is now easier than ever for current and incoming students to get their vaccines.
- Schedule an appointment at one of the 15 participating campuses in the University System of Georgia nearest to you.
- Locate additional community vaccination sites through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s vaccination locator.
- Schedule an appointment directly with the University Health Center.
- Attending UGA Orientation? Students and their families also have the opportunity to schedule a vaccine during the lunch hour.
Free testing will continue to be offered to our faculty, staff and students throughout the summer at the University Health Center. Appointments can be booked via the Vet View scheduling process.
Latest Campus Messages
The University of Georgia has released several key pieces of information in preparation for the return to normal campus operations. Full details can be found on the Campus Messages page of this site.
Recent announcements include:
- The University Health Center has broadened vaccination eligibility to include eligible dependents of UGA faculty, staff and students; UGA retirees; spouses/partners of retirees, faculty, staff, and students; visitors to campus engaged in research, academic or non-academic summer engagement/transition opportunities; those visiting campus as part of Orientation; and active employees and (primarily) students enrolled at other USG institutions who live in the Athens vicinity. For those members of the expanded eligibility groups listed above, please submit this survey, and the UHC will reach out to you to schedule the appointment directly. Please note that the UHC will provide second doses to any student, even if they have graduated before the date of their second dose is due.
- The Division of Marketing & Communications has updated signage templates to reflect key points from USG’s recent campus guidelines. These have been uploaded to the Digital Arch portal.
- The University System has updated its guidance on face coverings and social distancing in accordance with the advice provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on May 13, 2021. Effective immediately, fully vaccinated individuals can resume campus classes and other activities without physically distancing or wearing a mask. Unvaccinated individuals are strongly encouraged to continue socially distancing from others when possible and wearing a face covering while inside campus facilities. The USG has indicated that summer courses may continue to observe appropriate levels of social distancing as determined by the institution. UGA will continue to follow social distancing this summer. Read more about Return to Campus Guidelines.
- Four University of Georgia experts answered some of the most frequently asked questions about COVID-19 vaccines in a recent virtual panel discussion held on campus. Moderated by Dr. Shelley Nuss, dean of the Augusta University/University of Georgia Medical Partnership, panelists discussed a variety of topics related to vaccine safety and efficacy. Watch the complete session to learn more about how the available COVID-19 vaccines can help keep you and your family safe.